Monday, October 29, 2007

So ready to go...

Well, here I am about 48 hours from departure. And I'm just tired. I am tired of work, tired of looking for work, tired of worrying about having work, tired about worrying about health crises, tired of dealing with family things (though not most of my family members themselves), tired of keeping the schedule I keep, tired of keeping myself together when I really just want a nap, even tired of doing Spinning profiles and going to class -- although I know I'll be fine once I get there.

I don't know what it is, but in the week or so leading up to vacation, every little thing becomes overwhelming. I think, hope, pray that this upcoming change of scenery is enough to breathe some life back into my weary head.

So I've stopped reading for the trip, stopped planning, even stopped packing. It's time to just go and let it happen. So I have chunks of days with no itinerary, I'm just gonna go with the flow. HORRORS! I might even relax. I might even {gasp!} have a siesta!

And maybe, after some gnocchi, gelato, campari, shopping, art, churches and a few hot Italian men (kidding!), I'll come back restored and a little less tired.

No comments: