Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nearly there!

Well, I'm just about into single digits now.  The snowstorm panic is in full bloom.  We're in a particularly stormy pattern the next week or so, and all I can do is hold my breath and hope that I can squeeze in my pre-trip haircut and on time departure.

It should come as no surprise if you've read this blog at all for past trips that I'm essentially packed,  with piles of clothes and miscellaneous stuff all over the upstairs. I'm waiting for new mosquito repellant to arrive and then get my cash, yes I'm that ready. I'll fetch my duffle from storage and pack and go.  It's a great feeling.

Yet I've gone through the usual homesickness before I even leave, feeling more of a homebody and missing home despite sitting right here.  It's a strange feeling, wanting to go but feeling the ties to home so much more strongly than if I was not going anywhere.

But in the back of my mind I'm so looking forward to being warm, seeing the wildlife, the landscape and meeting new people, that that is what is carrying me.

I'll be thee soon enough....

No comments: