Friday, July 27, 2007

Starbucks hasn't lost me yet....

So Starbucks has announced that they are raising prices again next week by 9 cents a cup. For all the scuttlebutt this seems to have caused others, including the business media, this doesn't even make me flinch. Nine cents? Nine cents? This is all you need to keep paying the baristas who make me smile every morning, keep providing clean, classy stores, and keep giving me coffee that doesn't taste like donuts or scalded grounds? I'll pay up, not a problem.

Starbucks is the most generous employer I've heard of in food services. They pay tuition, full health and dental, have profit sharing and a stock purchase plan. Let me remind you, I only get 2 of those where I work now. And Starbucks' generosity shows in the way its employees treats customers. I haven't had shoddy service once in over 10 years....

In the grand scheme of things, nine cents is nothing. Granted, I've converted from the cadillac drinks to straight up coffee with cream (a savings of $1.28 and 300 calories a day) on a daily basis but still, even a raspberry mocha frappucino light is worth the $3.92 it will cost next Tuesday when the increase takes hold.

No comments: