Sunday, September 30, 2007

Still ours...this is too easy

Comedians must be having a field day with the Bush Administration, or more specifically, George W. himself. It wasn't until I started to blog that I realized how much material he gives people who like to spout off about him.

Case in point: I wanted to blog this weekend but didn't really have the energy to think up something entirely interesting or creative. Then I read The Boston Sunday Globe and saw that W., our "Education President" was speaking this week about the "No Child Left Behind" Campaign that has been his futile education pet project.

He said: "Our childrens is learning."

Which then jumpstarted my synapses this lazy Sunday morning and got me thinking, didn't he already step in the proverbial grammatical poo about this program once before?

Ah yes, it was July of 2000 when he asked: "Is our children learning?" I guess now he's answered his own question. At least he's consistent (-ly wrong) with his subject/verb agreement. That's gotta count for something.

Now, my motivation for pointing these issues out is twofold. One, for those among us who are just sick and tired and generally fed up that this guy is still running our country and representing us in the world, I offer you the old adage, "if you don't laugh about it, you'll cry."

And two, for those Republicans among us (I know who you are and you know who you are, yet we've agreed not to discuss this): if you still see nothing wrong with the aforementioned gaffes, then I ask, no, beg of you, that when you vote next year, PLEASE vote for the right person, one who is articulate, intelligent and competent, all of which W. has proven not to be in the last 7 years. You owe us that much, we've been sitting here suffering through this because of your choices in 2000 and 2004. Cut us some slack this time! Please!

No comments: