Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stay-cation -- Coldplay

Tonight I was off to see Coldplay with Duffy. A somewhat skeptical U2 fan, I was curious to see how legitimate the claim is that Coldplay is the "next U2". I am happy to say that while I enjoyed the show thoroughly, I really failed to see too many similarities. This band aims to please and will bend over backwards to do so. I found a fresh, almost unrehearsed quality to them, perhaps because they are younger and less experienced. But what I found most astounding was that this was an exceptionally well-designed setlist. The flow was near perfect, and if I had more conviction I would try to use it as a spinning ride!

Setlist:
Life In Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Speed Of Sound
Cemeteries Of London
Chinese Sleep Chant
42
Fix You
Strawberry Swing
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (techno version)
Talk (techno version)
The Hardest Part (piano - Chris)
Postcards From Far Away (piano instrumental)
Viva La Vida
Lost!
The Scientist (acoustic)
Death Will Never Conquer (acoustic - Will singing)
Viva La Vida (remix interlude)
------
Politik
Lovers In Japan
Death And All His Friends
-------
Yellow
The Escapist (outro)

No comments: