Friday, March 2, 2012

On the road again

It's not that I haven't been thinking about travel lately, it's just that I haven't been writing about travel lately.  It's another instance of life getting in the way and resetting priorities.

But now that I'm 6 days away from San Diego, and what looks to be 70 degrees and sunny weather, I am taking a breath to enjoy that pre-trip euphoria.  Or trying to.  It seems with the last few trips I've taken, all sort of pre-trip chaos has ensued.  Prior to China, we had my ear imploding and the cat exploding.  Prior to this get-away I have PT for my neck (and still blocked ear), the cat sick again and Dad in hospital.  I guess you could say "it's always something" but it seems to me that I'm worrying and stressing more than I need to when I'm trying to escape the madness.  Maybe it'll make me appreciate it all the more.

Weather here in Boston this winter has been milder than I've ever seen it.  In my town, I haven't had enough snow to even use the shovel.  This morning, after our first "measurable" snow of the year, I went out and started the car for 10 minutes, which was enough to melt it all off the windshields.  Nice.  I could do with more winters like that.  That's not to say I won't wholeheartedly relish the t-shirt and shorts weather I think I'm headed for!

Traveling with a fellow-panda-phile, I am planning to hit San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, Carlsbad flower fields, PCH and a whale watch.  Not to mention the Mexican food I've dreamt of since my first and last trip to San Diego in 2001.

So stay tuned.  I'll blog along the way.  Just can't wait to get out of town!

No comments: