Monday, March 12, 2012

San Diego -- Day Five

Given that we were all of 5 minutes from the airport, we left at 6:15 a.m. for my 8:30 flight.  Had to return the rental car first, and who knew that that would only take about 5 minutes itself.  We arrived to check in at the correct terminal with time for breakfast, thankfully.

United delivered me home via Houston in good form.  As a new United Chase credit card holder, I got the early boarding and free checked bags to which I was entitled, with no argument.  This was also the first time I had done paperless check-in and boarding passes, and it all worked very smoothly with the United app on the iPhone.  And this being a mere 5 days after the Continental/UA system merger!

One foodie note, the restaurant Cat Cora's Kitchen in terminal E at Houston airport is wonderful.  The servers were very attentive and when I told them I was trying to kill a 3 hour layover, they stretched my meal out for me quite nicely.  I had the avocado hummus, the chimmichurri chicken sandwich and the chocolate molten lava cake, along with two glasses of a nice white wine.  This was a quiet and luxurious way to ease myself back home, as much as I didn't want to go back!  I highly recommend this as a stop if you have a layover at IAH!

San Diego, I'll be back....

No comments: