Friday, April 20, 2012

I Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident

After the Cleveland airfare booking fiasco, I realized that I have some hard and fast rules for my travel that I just subconsciously follow:
  • I will not fly south to go north, west to go east, north to go south, east to go west
  • I will not connect for a European flight in the US; connections in Europe are, however, ok
  • I will not connect to save money, unless it's A LOT of money and through a non-icky airport
  • I will pay up for breakfast in a hotel, only because I love a good breakfast and like to brush my teeth afterwards and before I head out for the day
  • I will always take the flight that will get me where I'm going at the earliest part of the day, even if that means getting up at 3 a.m. to get on that flight 
  • I will always take the last possible flight home, unless it's a red eye
  • Economy/Coach is fine, unless the flight is 16 hours, then that extra legroom feels like a mile
  • I have to have a day after a trip at home before I plunge myself back into work.  Always.
How strange this is, yet it seems so logical to me.  Just sayin'.

No comments: