Monday, April 2, 2012

Required Reading...

While I haven't pulled the trigger on the proposed Berlin (and possibly Dublin) expedition, I did manage to order a slew of guidebooks.  I'd been reading Fodor's Germany 2012, which while beastly in girth, actually doesn't cover some places I'm interested in visiting (Braunschweig, anyone?  They have a Vermeer!).  Friday I ordered from Amazon:
  • Eyewitness Guides Berlin
  • Rick Steve's Snapshot Berlin (he may be simple but for some reason when I'm taking on a new city and he's written a guide on it, I always lean on him a bit for the practical info)
  • Baedecker Dresden Guide
  • and of course...Streetwise Berlin laminated map.  I collect them, don't you know.
When these books arrive, sometime later this week, I'll be narrowing down (or perhaps expanding!) my itinerary and settling on a plan.  Then comes airfare.  Meanwhile I'm combing both the Fodors and Trip Advisor Germany forums for details, details, details.  I may have already found my Berlin hotel!

No comments: