Friday, August 3, 2012

One more post about safari

I know, I literally just said I am now focusing on Germany.  But now that the paperwork and flights are done, I can't help but continue to read forums and watch and read whatever I can find about safari and Africa.

What is becoming more and more obvious though is that we absolutely made the right choice in our tour operator.  I read forum posts and see things like "You need at least two nights in Ndutu and three in Serengeti in February, that's where the action is."  And I pull up the pdf of our itinerary that is saved on my work PC and home PC desktops.  And wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what we have planned.

Then CNN ran a feature on the best hot air balloon rides in the world, and one over the Serengeti makes the list.  For me that was an absolute no brainer, but it made me giddy with excitement that we'd already planned to do that.

I have started to eye large duffles for luggage and think about clothing for safari, but am going to try to refrain from purchasing until post-Germany.  Try.

No comments: